CITRULLINE MALATE 100% PURE (500G) 1.1LB | ENERGY, PUMP & ENDURANCE
- 2:1 Citirulline Malate (2:1 ratio of citrulline to the organic salt, malate)
- Banned Substance Free
- 3g is equal to taking 6g of arginine*
- Improves training intensity
- Improves endurance
- Improves speed of recovery
- Supports vascular blood flow
- Increases ATP production
- Promotes nitric oxide products
- Reduces muscle fatigue
- Alleviate Erectile Dysfunction
Citrulline Matate's functions:
- Boost Arginine Levels: Increases blood Arginine levels (gram for gram at double the level of Arginine).
- Nitric Oxide Support: Increases endothelial Nitric Oxide (NO) levels thereby improving vascular function and blood flow.
- Improve Energy & Endurace: Rapidly replenishes PCr (phospho-creatine) stores, PCr is a key storage of energy muscles tap into.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Citrulline is also used to alleviate erectile dysfunction caused by high blood pressure.
- Reduce Muscle Soreness: Detoxifies fatigued muscle tissue by removing ammonia (a toxin that can increase 3-fold during intense training).
L-Citrulline is an amino acid which is readily converted into L-arginine in the kidneys and has been found to play an important role in nitric oxide (NO) metabolism. Citrulline malate is found in a 2:1 ratio of citrulline to the organic salt, malate. Malate is added to L-citrulline to give stability in the body as well as having some fatigue-fighting properties of its own.
By increasing the production of NO, Citrulline Malate can act as a regulator to promote vascular dilation which in turn, helps support normal oxygen and blood circulation throughout the body. This enhanced blood flow can help to aid recovery, reduce fatigue and improve overall performance.
A German study focusing on heart patients found that a 3 gram dose of citrulline malate (2:1) yielded improvements in vascular function and vasodilation equivalent to a 6g dose of arginine. And for anyone who has taken large doses of arginine to get a pump, it is hard on the stomach and digestive system.
Boost Arginine Levels
Citrulline is an amino acid that is converted to L-arginine in the body during the urea cycle, alongside the other amino acid L-ornithine. Supplementing with citrulline is a more effective way to raise arginine levels and enhance nitric oxide (NO) production in the body, rather than supplementing with arginine.
Nitric Oxide Support
Citrulline increases plasma levels of L-arginine in a dose-dependent manner. It has been shown that supplementing withcitrulline malate can help increase the levels of L-arginine, which in turn allows for more availability of L-arginine for the NOS pathway of NO production. More NO means greater blood flow and better nutrient delivery to working muscles. Citrulline malate is found in a 2:1 ratio of citrulline to the organic salt, malate. Malate is added to L-citrulline to give stability in the body as well as having some fatigue-fighting properties of its own.
Improves Energy & Endurance
Citrulline plays a role in ATP production, increasing energy demands when required while also buffering build-up of ammonia in the muscle, reducing exercise fatigue and increasing workout endurance.
Supplementing L-citrulline also increases ornithine and arginine plasma content. This means L-citrulline supplementation improves the ammonia recycling process and nitric oxide metabolism. L-citrulline is also used to alleviate erectile dysfunction caused by high blood pressure.
Reduce Muscle Soreness
Citrulline malate supplementation has been shown to reduce post-workout muscle soreness for up to 48 hours in trained athletes, while also reducing the sensation and onset of muscle fatigue.
Ammonia acts as a signal for muscle fatigue when it accumulates by inhibiting conversion of pyruvate to acetyl-CoA, blocking muscle contraction. Citrulline buffers ammonia, via the urea cycle, increasing ornithine levels, and promotingureogenesis (production of urea) and bicarbonate reabsorption, which preserves bicarbonate and allows it to perform its buffering action against ammonia.
Why take OneBrand Nutrition 100% PURE Citrulline Malate?
OneBrand Nutritions' Citrulline Malate is formulated with a scientifically validated dose of pure citrulline malate. Citrulline has been shown in research to play a key role in aerobic and anaerobic pathways of energy metabolism, as well as nitric oxide production, demonstrating its ability to enhance energy, reduce fatigue, and pump muscles up during workouts!
How do I take OneBrand Citrulline Malate?
Mix 1 Scoop (2.5g) in water or fruit juice or other pre-workout drink like OneBrand Amino Sports Energy and Advanced BCAA.
How Much do I take?
- To supplement L-citrulline to enhance sports performance, take 2500 – 10,000 mg of citrulline malate about 30min to 1 hour before exercise.
- To supplement L-citrulline for circulatory health or to alleviate erectile dysfunction, take 1,000 mg of citrulline, three times a day with meals, for a total daily dose of 3,000 mg. L-citrulline does not need to be taken with meals, however.
- To supplement for circulatory health with a citrulline malate supplement, take 1.76 g of citrulline malate for every 1 gram of citrulline you would normally take.